COOKING TIME: 1 Hr 10 Mins
500g La Molisana Lasagne Sheets
2 x 700g Capriccio Buon Appetito Passata sauce
230g fresh spinach
1 tbsp. Colavita Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Salt and pepper, to taste
¼ tsp. freshly ground nutmeg
2 cups ricotta cheese
½ cup Auricchio Parmigiano cheese, grated, plus extra for topping
½ cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Cook the lasagna sheets in a large saucepan of salted boiling water until they are pliable but not cooked all the way. Transfer to a bowl of cold water and pat dry.
- Place the fresh spinach along with 2 tablespoons of water and 1 tablespoon olive oil in small frying pan. Add salt, pepper and nutmeg. Cook until wilted. Drain and squeeze all water out of the spinach.
- Combine ricotta, parmigiano, mozzarella, eggs and cooked spinach in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper and mix well. Set aside in refrigerator until ready to use.
- Place 1 lasagne sheet on a clean work surface. Spoon one-tenth of the ricotta mixture over the lasagne sheet. Starting from 1 short end, roll up to enclose filling. Repeat with remaining lasagne sheets and filling.
- Spread half the passata sauce over the base of the baking dish. Place pasta rolls, seam side down, side by side, over the sauce in the baking dish. Pour the remaining passata sauce over top and sprinkle with the extra parmigiano. Bake for 30 mins or until golden and heated through. Serve with mixed salad leaves.