COOKING TIME: 30 Mins
3 cloves of garlic
½ bunch fresh basil
1 tsp. dried oregano
1 tbsp. Colavita baby capers
1 tbsp. Colavita red wine vinegar
1 jar x 700g Le Conserve Della Nonna Lampomodoro
500g La Molisana dried spaghetti
50g Auricchio Ricotta Salata cheese
Colavita Premium Italian Extra virgin olive oil
- Chop the eggplants into rough 2cm chunks.
- Peel and slice the garlic.
- Drizzle a splash of Extra Virgin Olive oil into a large frying pan over a medium heat. Once hot, add the eggplants in a single layer, and fry for 5 to 8 minutes, or until softened and golden, stirring occasionally – you may need to do this in batches.
- Add another splash of olive oil, followed by the garlic, then add the dried oregano, capers and cook for a further 2 minutes. Season.
- Add vinegar and Lampomodoro, season with salt and pepper and mix together. Add a handful of grated ricotta salata into the sauce and leave it to melt. Add basil leaves.
- Reduce the heat to low, and simmer gently for 15 to 20 minutes, or until thick.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling salted water following packet directions or until al dente, which means that it should be soft enough to eat, but still have a bit of bite and firmness to it
- Once the pasta is cooked, drain the spaghetti, then add it in to the sauce and toss well.
- Divide between bowls, grate over the remaining ricotta salata and finish with the remaining basil scattered on top and a drizzle of Extra Virgin Olive oil.