COOKING TIME: 30 Mins
Colavita Premium Italian Extra Virgin Olive oil, to grease
2Lt vegetable liquid stock
500g Squisito Instant One Minute Polenta
1 cup finely grated Auricchio Reggiano Parmigiano
Colavita Pure Olive oil, to deep-fry
1 tbsp. fresh rosemary, finely chopped
Sea salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper
- Brush two 22 x 30cm baking pans with olive oil to lightly grease.
- Bring the stock to the boil and slowly whisk in the polenta, stirring constantly. After a minute and once thickened, remove from heat and stir in the parmesan.
- Pour the polenta evenly over the bases of the prepared pans and use the back of a spoon to smooth the surface. Cover with non-stick baking paper and set aside to cool. Place in the fridge for 4 hours or overnight to set.
- Turn polenta onto a clean work surface. Use a sharp knife to cut off the curved edges. Cut lengthways into 2cm strips. Cut each strip into 8cm-long pieces.
- Add enough oil to a large heavy-based saucepan to reach a depth of 6cm. Heat to 180°C over high heat (to test when oil is ready add a cube of bread to the oil and it will turn golden brown in 15 seconds). Deep-fry polenta chips in batches until golden brown. Use a slotted spoon to transfer chips to a plate lined with paper towel. Repeat with the remaining polenta chips, reheating oil between batches.
- Transfer polenta chips to a serving platter. Sprinkle with rosemary and season with sea salt flakes and pepper. Serve immediately.