COOKING TIME: 35 Mins
1 cup Squisito Instant One Minute Polenta
1 cup almond meal
¹/3 cup Colavita Extra Virgin Olive Oil
¾ cup caster sugar
2 oranges sliced
Zest and juice of 2 oranges
1 tsp. vanilla bean paste
1 tbsp gluten free baking powder
For orange syrup:
1 cup caster sugar
¾ cup water
2 tbsps orange juice
- Preheat the oven to 175°C and grease a round cake tin roughly 20-23 cm in diameter and line the base with baking paper.
- In a bowl, combine all the ingredients except the sliced oranges. Mix well until combine and smooth. Pour mixture into cake tin, smoothing top of mixture.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Cool cake in tin.
- Meanwhile, to make the orange syrup, combine the sugar, water and orange juice in a saucepan over medium heat and stir until dissolved. Simmer for 5 or so minutes or until thickened slightly.
- Using skewer punch holes in cake and pour syrup over warm or cool cake. Arrange orange slices over top of cake. Serve.