COOKING TIME: 50 Mins
2tbs Colavita extra virgin olive oil
1 garlic clove, bruised
2 bunches silverbeet, thick white stalks discarded, leaves finely chopped
400g ricotta, drained
1 tsp grated nutmeg
Finely grated zest of 1/2 lemon
1/2 cup Auricchio parmesan, grated
1/2 cup grated Auricchio pecorino, grated
375g frozen puff pastry, thawed.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C. Grease a 26cm springform cake pan.
- Heat oil in a large frypan with a lid over high heat. Cook garlic for 30 seconds or until fragrant. Add silverbeet and cover with the lid. Cook for 3-4 minutes until wilted. Season with salt and set aside to cool. Remove garlic and discard. Drain silverbeet in a colander, pressing down to remove excess liquid.
- Combine the silverbeet, ricotta, nutmeg, lemon zest, cheeses and 2 eggs in a large bowl, season and set aside.
- Roll out the pastry on a lightly floured surface until 5mm thick, then line the base and 4cm up the side of the pan to form a rim. Cut the remaining pastry into four 26cm-long strips. Spoon ricotta mixture into base, smoothing surface with a spoon. Make four evenly spaced indents in the filling, then crack an egg into each.
- Arrange 4 pastry strips in a criss-cross pattern over the filling to create 8 wedges. Lightly beat remaining egg and brush over pastry. Transfer to a baking tray and bake for 40-45 minutes until golden and crisp.