MAKES: 1 large focaccia
COOKING TIME: 2 Hr
2 teaspoons (2 sachets) dried yeast
1 tsp. caster sugar
1 1/2 cups warm water
500g La Molisana '00' Flour
3 tsps. Sosalt salt, plus extra, to sprinkle
80ml Colavita Premium Italian Extra Virgin Olive Oil, plus extra, to drizzle
200g Zuccato black olives, pitted
Fresh rosemary sprigs, for topping
- Use a balloon whisk to whisk together yeast, sugar and 1 ⁄4 cup warm water in a small bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and set aside for 10 minutes or until frothy.
- Combine the flour and 2 tsp salt in a large bowl. Add yeast mixture and 2 teaspoon oil. Use a fork to stir to combine. Gradually add remaining water, stirring with a fork until the mixture comes together in a sticky ball. Drizzle with olive oil. Cover and set aside for 10 minutes to rest.
- Lightly grease a 25 x 35cm (base measurement) heavy-based baking tray with oil. Use a spatula or pastry scraper to scrape dough onto the prepared tray. Cover and set aside for 10 minutes to rest. Use lightly greased fingertips to gently press the dough out to the edges of the tray. Drizzle with extra olive oil and set aside for 1 hour or until doubled in size.
- Whisk together 2 teaspoon water, 2 teaspoon olive oil and 1 teaspoon salt in a bowl. Use your fingertips to gently make dimples in the focaccia. Pour over with the oil mixture. Set aside for 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 230°C/210°C fan forced. Gently press olives on top of dough, then scatter with rosemary and extra sea salt. Bake for 25 minutes or until golden.